Finally I can get back to my works
Now that I've finished the campaign of the new Call of Duty: Black Ops (on Harden difficulty w/o auto-aim, yeah! ... but I still suck at multiplayer though), I can take it easy and start working on my stuffs once again
Usually I would put work before play, but once I got sucked into the story then I'm doomed
Here are some of my thoughts about the game.
- This game considered the CoD with the most interesting, if not the best, Story-Telling ever.
(not the "story" like many critics and people claimed
, I think story is kinda typical)
- If you love scripted events (or scripted gameplays) which offer great cinematic experiences, you'll love it because Black Ops offers plenty.
- Awesome voice-talents (I admit one reason that made me wanna play it so bad was the voice-talent roster).
- Enemies got mutilated similar to Soldier of Fortune. You might not like it if you dislike graphic violence.
- One of the funniest easter-egg I've ever seen.
- Loads of customization for multiplayer mode.
The "meh" of this game (I skipped graphics, since it's not an ugly game even though it's not the best in the series) really come down to AIs. (To be honest it's a genre-wide thing I've observed for quite sometimes and the newest/most anticipated shooter such as Black Ops still couldn't take the FPS genre out of this mud hole).
No, I'm not talking about some of the stupid AIs and their bugs. I'm talking about the programming of the AIs. Since I played in hard difficulty, I learned that this game is still doing the same thing other shooting games did to give me frustration. Harden or Veteran modes should put players in a more disadvantage situations (such as less ammo, more damage received or no health-regeneration) while giving the enemies more brain power to outsmart the players rather than just cranked up the accuracy ratio of enemies shots. Getting shot dead-on, through smoke screen, by enemies without proper thermal scopes who stood at least 100 meters away from you was just plain stupid. Trying not to get shot by god-hands isn't challenging, but having to be alerted all the time while adapting to enemies' ever-changing behaviors is.
Anyway, those are my thoughts on the game. If you're not one of those from "IW/Modern Warfare Only" camp, I think Black Ops is one great shooter you have to play
This deviation of my OC "Ling"
in sexy pose was awesomely done by *StormFedeR
as a White Scroll (free) commission for me, please visit the original piece
from his gallery and show him some loves!
The Spirit Song
This music video by *akelataka
is a very nice animation piece. It works so well with the melody and the meaning of the song. Highly recommended!